Welcome all!! As part of my educational rounds project I am required to present my findings concerning film use in a Senior History classroom. I've decided to scrap the ordinary route of presenting through a slideshow, pamphlet or report. I have decided to post my project in a blog where I will be able to share the various film links and websites I have discovered during my research. Enjoy!



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Helpful Websites

http://www.onlinedegree.net/101-historical-moments-you-can-relive-on-youtube/ 
101 Historical Moments you can relive on youtube – Although it’s an American website generally geared towards historical moments in American history, there are dozens of relevant video clips with re-enactments, interviews, and television clips etc. that can be used in almost all of the senior history classes.


http://www.histori.ca/minutes/section.do?className=ca.histori.minutes.entity.ClassicMinute 
Canada's defining moments throughout history. These have been aired on Canadian television for years and depict important moments throughout Canadian history.  The website also includes radio minutes, and lesson plans to accompany the clips as well as student submitted clips on various historical moments.


A great place for video clips from the most recently aired shows and historical documentaries from the history channel.


This is a great website for free short video clips (they average about 2 minutes). There are thousands of historical video clips that can be used in the classroom (perhaps as an introduction to a lesson).

No comments:

Post a Comment