Welcome all!! As part of my educational rounds project I am required to present my findings concerning film use in a Senior History classroom. I've decided to scrap the ordinary route of presenting through a slideshow, pamphlet or report. I have decided to post my project in a blog where I will be able to share the various film links and websites I have discovered during my research. Enjoy!



Saturday, November 6, 2010

Preparing to Use a Film in the Classroom

1.)    Be sure to preview the film to screen for obscenities, nudity, sexual situations, and violence; be prepared to skip problematic scenes.


2.)    Films are long so you may want to select a series of clips from the film to show in the classroom. This will also be helpful in films with problematic areas with nudity and extreme violence.


3.)    Once you have picked a film, communicate intentions to parents and school administration. Permission slips to parents may be necessary when using films that deal with a sensitive subject.


4.)    Prepare students with necessary background knowledge needed in order to view the film critically. This will include various other resources, information and knowledge through class discussion.


5.)    Prepare discussion questions, and appropriate activities that will allow your students to critically analyse the content of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment